How often do I need to do Pilates to see results?
By committing to Pilates just three times a week, you will get results!
When will I see results?
After just five sessions, you will notice changes, and by 20 sessions you will have a new body!
Besides slimming down, what will doing pilates do for me?
- Improved posture
- Strengthened and toned muscles without added bulk
- Increased flexibility and muscle control
- Improved alignment, coordination, and balance
- Increased lung capacity
- Uniformly developed muscles
- Improved range of motion
- Improved body awareness
- A more balanced body preventing muscle and soft tissue injury
In addition, you will probably sleep better, have increased energy, stress release, and reduced fatigue and/or chronic pain.
I have been injured. Is Pilates a good idea for me?
Pilates is excellent for someone in physical therapy. It is a system of body conditioning that is both gentle and athletic, known for its “feel good” and body transforming results.
Is Pilates pretty much for women, the young and the athletic?
Pilates is beneficial for men and women, young or old, athletic, sedentary.
What should I wear for a Pilates session?
No shoes are required. Both women and men should wear comfortable gym clothing preferably that allows your instructor to see how you’re moving. Socks Required.
How long does a session typically take?
Sessions are between 45 and 55 minutes.
What are the benefits of working out with Pilates apparatus?
Pilates apparatus consists of a wide array of equipment designed to accommodate clients at every ability level. It was developed by Joseph Pilates after he created the traditional mat exercises. According to Pilates Method Alliance, “Pilates equipment today is not much different than that of yesteryear. Spring tension, straps to hold feet or hands, supports for back, neck and shoulder are as important now as they were then. Because of the remarkable nature of the equipment to both challenge and support the body as it learns to move more efficiently, the inimitably designed pieces truly act as a complement to the challenging “matwork” exercises” (PilatesMethodAlliance.org). Redmond Pilates Center aligns its equipment exercises with these goals.
My gym offers Pilates… why should I pay to come to Redmond Pilates Studio?
Good question… and there are several reasons.
- Redmond Pilates Studio offers one-on-one personal attention.
- Many gyms offer only mat classes that often have 20 or more people in the class.
- Many instructors at gyms are new to the Method of Pilates and do not know the order of Pilates exercises, how to teach it safely, or how to connect the mind to control the whole body while performing the exercise. Generally speaking, most people are not flexible in the spine, and are weak in the neck and many have chronic pain, therefore making it more important to have personal attention. Pilates teachers at most gyms have experience as an aerobic teacher, or they are certified as a personal trainer with little or no experience in Pilates.
What if my gym offers Pilates mat classes – would I benefit from learning Pilates at RPC and then doing the classes at my gym?
Although the widespread availability of Pilates classes is a tribute to its effectiveness as a workout system, Pilates classes are not necessarily comparable between studios and gyms. Redmond Pilates Center is a certified member of the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) which means that in general the classes offered here will be superior to those offered at gyms or general fitness centers. The most noticeable difference between the two typically is seen in teaching style, skill and experience of the instructors. Redmond Pilates Center also offers an extensive selection of Pilates equipment whereas the Pilates classes at gyms may only involve mats.
Can I just drop in, or do I need an appointment every time?
All sessions are scheduled by appointment only.
When are you open?
Hours of operation:
Monday through Thursday: 7 am to 8 pm
Friday: 7 am to 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 2 pm
All private and semi-private sessions are by appointment only.
Do you have packages for a better deal?
Yes. Redmond Pilates Studio offers packages for new clients and discounts for buying packages of multiple sessions. Please check our Rates/Policies page.
How much does it cost?
See our Rates/Policies page.
What if I move or decide to drop out?
There are no refunds, but you can pass your package along to a friend.
Do you have free parking?
Yes, there is ample free parking.